Carbon Monoxide Detection

Any appliance that burns a fossil fuel such as oil, coal or gas can emit Carbon Monoxide (CO), which is colourless, odourless and has no taste. It can exist in your home if you have a faulty appliance or a room that is not properly ventilated. Fumes from these faulty appliances or flues can cause carbon monoxide poisoning, which can cause sickness and in the very worst cases, death.

To avoid carbon monoxide poisoning, the Northern Ireland Fire Brigade and the National Safety Council, recommend that you should ensure your appliances are correctly installed and regularly serviced. Make sure that the rooms in your home that contain appliances are properly ventilated and never block vents or any appliance flue.

These measures will reduce the chance of a carbon monoxide leak but not eliminate it as appliances can become faulty and flues blocked in between service dates. For added safety and peace of mind, SF Detection (world leaders in gas detection), suggest you should fit an alarm, which is officially approved and kitemarked to either the British Standard BS7860 or the latest European Standard EN50291.

ONLY £35 (Incl. Postage & Packaging)

With an increasing number of CO alarms appearing on the market it is very important that you choose the right one. A CO kitemarked alarm is available directly from Fox & Co priced at £35 including postage and packing (£65 including installation by one of our qualified engineers).

Request this with a boiler check and obtain this installed on the day of your inspection for the reduced price of £30.

020 8883 2223   07958 500 900
www.boiler-servicing.co.uk    www.foxandco.uk