Heating Engineers

Is Your Engineer Gas Safe  Registered?
If you do need to call an engineer at any time, always make sure he is Gas Safe registered and ask to see his Gas Safe registration card - he should carry this with him at all times. If you are in any doubt, you can contact Gas Safe directly to check that your installer is Gas Safe registered.




Before you let your gas engineer into your home to work on your gas appliances make sure you check the front and the back their Gas Safe ID card. If they don’t show this to you when they turn up at your door then don’t be afraid to ask to see it

The training process for becoming a heating engineer can start at the age of 16 once you have finished your GCSE level qualifications you can continue onto a NVQ level 2 in either Mechanical Engineering or in Basic Plumbing Skills. The main education authority for courses of this kind are the City and Guilds group that take the level of education in the subject up to a level 3 in Mechanical Engineering services or a level 3 in Plumbing studies it is often thought best to run the two courses along side one another, however, this may not be necessary if you are taking an apprenticeship. It is advised to start training in the trade as young as possible as you can get the experience in the practical side of the work as well as the knowledge learnt in the courses.

When taking it up as a career you need to make sure you have the right kind of attributes for the style of job it is, below are some things for you to take into consideration:

It is important for you to have a polite manner in the way you deal with people and be very good at explaining technical situations in a way that the customer will be able to understand.

What do I need to check on the Gas Safe ID card?
The card is there for your protection. Make sure that you check the front and the back of the card.

  • Check the front of the card for:
  • The photo
  • The start date and expiry date
  • The licence number
  • The security hologram

  • Check the back of the card for:
  • Your engineer is qualified to do the gas work you want done e.g. cooker, boiler, gas fire
  • Their qualifications are up to date

07958 500 900    020 8883 2223   020 3432 4146
               Mobile All Areas                       North London               South London & Surrey