Your gas supplier may be able to provide you with a free of charge gas safety check upon request.
A free gas safety check may apply to home owners on means tested benefits who:
- Are receiving a means tested benefit.
- Are of pensionable age, disabled or chronically sick and either live alone or with others who are all of pensionable age, disabled, chronically sick or under 18
- Are living with others where at least one is under 5 years old
- Have not had a gas safety check carried out at the premises in the last 12 months
- Do not occupy premises where a landlord is responsible for arranging a check under regulations made under the Health and Safety at Work Act
Contact your energy supplier to check if you are eligible for a free safety check.